If you saw signs of termite in your home, what would you do? Indeed, you will do everything to make them disappear.
But did you know that termites will likely attack 1 out of 3 homes in Australia at some point in time? It is greater than the chances of having damages from fires, storms and floods. And the most challenging part of it is that, unlike these natural disasters, termite damages are not covered by most insurance companies.
Most households take it easy when they don’t see any signs or damages yet on their property. But when the symptoms appear, it causes extreme fear for most household owners.
Termites can silently destroy your home without you knowing. These small but terrible pests can eat your timber structures and leave you with damaged houses and costly repairs. Thus, it is a must to have an annual general pest or termite inspection.
Common Signs of Termite Infestation
In addition to their imperceptible size, termites’ love eating houses in silence, making it hard to find them or locate their colony. But there are ways to identify potential infestations of termites.
Some of the key indicators are:
- Mud trails leading up the sides of walls
- Dried muds in the joints of windows or doors
- Damp stains or corrosions on skirting boards
- Faint sounds of chewing behind walls
- Soft or sagging floorboards
Get Your Termite Inspection Canberra
Having an annual termite inspection is imperative to prevent any termite activities on your property. Even the CSIRO in Canberra recommends that all property should have a termite inspection at least once a year. Our professional technicians may recommend a more frequent inspection depending on your property’s location.
Detecting early signs of termites is essential to prevent enormous damage and costly repairs. All our technicians are trained and qualified to conduct inspections in accordance with Australian standards. We use a combination of traditional and modern detection techniques to locate termite activities.
Our inspection process includes the following to know if there are signs of termite:
- Inspecting all timbers throughout the inside and outside of the property
- Checking fences, gardens, trees and stumps
- Looking into any other timber structures within the property (up to 50 meters from the main building)
- Providing a detailed report identifying all our findings and recommendations for your property
- In case there are no existing termites, we will explain preventive measures and home protection.
- If infestations are found, we will recommend termite treatment. An action plan will be discussed in detail with you regarding the best treatment to use.
Getting Rid of Termites
If you found any signs of termite in your house, starts planning now. Eliminating termite infestations and having home protection for future attacks is best done by the experts. Some household owners rely on a do-it-yourself process which only brings ineffective solutions. But remember, leaving your property unprotected can cause you colossal damage and more expensive repairs.
After our comprehensive and thorough inspection of your property, we will provide you with a treatment package that may include termite dusting, chemical soil treatment or baiting systems. Once applied, our termite treatments can actively work for several years, depending on the methods and formulation used.
A1 Pest Control Canberra‘s team are termite experts that offer both visual inspections and thermal imaging, which uses state-of-the-art technology for termite inspections.
To keep your property safe from termite infestations, call us NOW at 0407 065 413.
- Tags: pest control Canberra, termite inspection, Termite inspection Canberra, termite treatment, termites, termites in Canberra